Linn County Criminal & Court Records
Access to the District Court at Linn can be allowed to the public in general through the subscription to the Unified Judicial System of the Iowa State which maintains the Judicial Information System of the state. People can access the records of civil and criminal trials to the extent that they can view the titles and filings, case disposition, child support or the fine payments free of cost. For having full access to the court records a person has to subscribe to the Judicial System by paying $25 as the monthly fee.
PO Box 1468, County Courthouse
3rd Ave Bridge
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-1468
319-398-3411 8AM-4:30PM M,W,F; 8AM-2:30PM T,TH Jurisdiction Felony, Misdemeanor, Civil, Eviction, Small Claims, Probate
- Criminal Records
- Required Informationname, years to search; also helpful: address, DOB
- Years AvailableCriminal records on computer since 1993. Note some court files and dockets were destroyed by the 2008 flood.
- Record Retrieval MethodsIn person, online
- Civil Records
- Required Informationname, years to search
- Years Available Civil records on computer from 1984, prior on docket books/ microfiche.
Fill out the Linn county background checks form to request a criminal background report.
Linn County Court Recorder Offices
PO Box 1406
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-1406
|Record Availability||All recorded documents are in one master index. Records indexed on a public use terminal back to 1975.|
2600 Edgewood Rd SW #706
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404