About Our Cookies
To promote transparency and help you make an informed decision about your privacy, we list the third-party advertising cookies and/or third-party analytics and tracking services on our site. We also provide links to the privacy policies and to the opt-out choices (where applicable) provided by these third parties.
Third-Party Advertising Cookies
- Bing and Bing Ads: Bing provides a search engine and ad network owned by Microsoft. Visit the Microsoft Choice page to learn about their cookies and ads, as well as how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
- Doubleclick: Learn about the use of the Doubleclick cookie, which is owned by Google, on Google’s Ads Settings page, which also explains how to opt out.
- Facebook Exchange and Facebook Custom Audience: Change your preferences or opt-out of advertisements from Facebook Custom Audience from within your Facebook account.
- Google Adwords: Control or opt out of ads delivered based on your Google account from the Google Ads Settings page.
- Google Dynamic Remarketing: Set your preferences for or opt out of remarketing ads from the Google Ads Settings page.
- Google Tag Manager: We use Google Tag Manager to manage various tags and integrate with Google’s analytics and ad services. Review the Google Ads Settings page to control or opt out of the ads delivered based on your Google account.
- Twitter Advertising: Read Twitter’s FAQs about their tailored ads and your privacy controls, which explain how to turn off tailored ads through your Twitter settings.
- Yahoo Analytics and Yahoo Advertising: Adjust your preferences or opt out through Yahoo’s Ad Interest manager.
Third-Party Data Analytics Cookies
Social Widgets and Plugins
Other Seals And Certificates
Our site has been certified by a number of organizations for our compliance with various privacy, security, and business standards. The seals that we include for these certifications sometimes use “weak eTags,” which can show up if you are using an ad-tracking and/or ad-blocking software. These tags are not being used for our tracking purposes, but are needed for the functionality of these seals. Seals with such functionality come from various organizations, such as TRUSTe and the Better Business Bureau (BBB.org).
Non-Advertising Third-party Cookies And First-Party Cookies
Our site may also use other third-party cookies that are not used for advertising but are used to ensure site functionality or for other purposes, such as fighting abuse on our site. We also use our own first-party cookies to ensure functionality, site performance, analytics, and optimization. These cookies are not used for third-party advertising or third-party tracking.
Comprehensiveness And Updates To This Page
We do our best to audit and monitor the removal or additions of any third-party cookies or trackers and will update this page accordingly. However, we cannot guarantee that this page will always be fully comprehensive. Sometimes third-party integrations may add cookies and tracking mechanisms that we learn about after they’ve been added. If you find a third-party cookie or third-party tracker that you believe is not listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: March 23, 2016