How do I know my purchase is secure?
Your purchase details are encrypted on 128-bit SSL. Verisign verifies our checkout daily. Our customer records are 100% confidential and never added to our search database.
How does PeopleSmart keep sensitive data secure?
We follow best practices to ensure the security and proper use of all personal information and other customer data. This includes encrypting sensitive information, employing administrative, physical, and technical controls, and auditing by reliable external security vendors. These include the following measures:
- Customer passwords and credit cards are stored in encrypted form.
- All data is encrypted during transit between our datacenters.
- We maintain independently audited compliance by The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- We use HTTPS by default on all of our website.
- Employee access to customer data is audited and restricted to the minimum necessary access level.
Was PeopleSmart affected by the Heartbleed Bug?
The Heartbleed Bug was a serious security bug in the open-source OpenSSL cryptographic library. This library was widely used to implement the Internet’s Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol, which provides secure communication and Internet data transfer. The Heartbleed bug enabled the stealing of information that otherwise would have been protected by the SSL/TLS encryption. Upon learning about the security vulnerability, PeopleSmart conducted an audit of its entire site and found that PeopleSmart’s pages or processing were not susceptible to the Heartbleed bug.
Categories for Other Commonly Asked Questions