Johnson County Criminal & Court Records
The State of Iowa has introduced the new Unified Judicial System that maintains the Judicial Information System. The access to the Judicial Information System including the District Courts Records of Johnson County can be obtained by the payment of $25 as the monthly subscription charges for providing the advanced search services. On subscription a person can get access to almost all Court Records such as criminal cases, civil cases, traffic cases, family cases including child support and the domestic relations.
PO Box 2510
417 S Clinton St
Iowa City, IA 52244
319-356-6060 319-339-6153 8AM-4:30PM M,W,F; 8AM-2:30PM T,TH Jurisdiction Felony, Misdemeanor, Civil, Eviction, Small Claims, Probate
- Criminal Records
- Required Informationname, years to search; also helpful: address, DOB, SSN
- Years AvailableCriminal docket on books and microfilm from 1880s, on computer back to 4/93
- Record Retrieval MethodsIn person, online
- Civil Records
- Required Informationname, years to search
- Years Available Civil records on computer from 1984, prior on docket books/ microfiche.
Fill out the Johnson county background checks form to request a criminal background report.
Johnson County Court Recorder Offices
913 S Dubuque St
Iowa City, IA 52240-4273
|Record Availability||Separate indices to search include books by years, computer. Records indexed on a public use terminal back to 11/1983.|
913 S Dubuque St, #202
Iowa City, IA 52240